Monday, October 20, 2008

Sicko

Last week I had that sinking feeling, along with a scratchy throat that said, "Uh oh, you are sick!" Over the next couple days, my voice went south for the winter, my head stuffed up like a Christmas goose, and I developed a dry cough that is mighty irritating. I had tons to do at work so I made it in every day, though Thursday I missed more than half a day. Ironically, I was well enough to attend our Health Fair at work Wednesday, where I learned even more about orthotic insoles and watched people play Wii bowling and some balance game. But I digress.

Jim has taken care of me, fetching me a bottle of water here and making me a cup of soup there. But for the most part, I managed to get my own meds, herbs, tissues, etc. On the contrary, when he is sick, he stays in bed and can't even move. We call this a man cold. Have you seen the mancold video? If not, here it is. I think it's funny.

> http://glumbert.com/wii/view.php?name=mancold

So, here are my deep thoughts on sickness.

1. Don't assume one full box of tissues is enough.
2. Don't underestimate the power of real herbal ephedra as a decongestant. (I saved it from when we could buy it legally.)
3. Don't take the blame when your obnoxious co-worker says you made him sick.
4. Don't go to bed with a price on your head.
5. Lying in the bathtub in lukewarm water is a BAD time to discover that "someone" turned down the hot water heater. Luckily my sweet husband microwaved water by the mixing bowl-ful and brought it to me to keep me from getting a worse chill. I felt like someone in a Jane Austen novel. or not.
6. It's amazing what self control I have eating good foods when I'm sick, and how that all goes out the window when I'm feeling a bit bettah.
7. I can sing tenor and bass without a problem. On a parallel note, our FHE songs sounded worse than normal last night...
8. Chicken soup is more than just for the soul!

Alright, I'm just rambling. Have a great and healthy day!


4 comments:

elise said...

i'm sorry, i feel for you!

The Campbell Clan said...

Hope you are bettah soon! I love the man cold video btw--it is scary how well the truth is portrayed. :)

The Campbell Clan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. White's library world said...

I love the variety of sick responses in men... CAn I get some soup in here?
WHere are the tissues?
CAn you bring me my laptop?
Where's the remote?
I feel awful.

Whereas women seem to complain but just keep on truckin'.