Thursday, October 2, 2008

Password Panic

I hate passwords. I had to change two passwords in the past two days, and now I can't remember what's what. And my bank isn't helping me remember. They just tell me that my login failed and try again later, moron. Luckily, Shelly emailed me the login and password to this here fine site so I could "remember" it (aka look it up). In a meeting this morning at work, our boss encouraged us to change our passwords often. The MAC users don't have to, but the PC users do every six months, and your password has to contain a capital letter, numeral, symbol and something in Swahili. Honestly. So I'm thinking most of us have a secret list of all of our passwords hidden somewhere so in case they have a brain cramp, they aren't completely useless. Am I right?

2 comments:

Marcy in TX said...

yep, but I tend to use the same one for a while on everything, with just maybe two letters tacked on the end. For example if my password were: "gr8mom" I would then add on the My Family site "gr8mommf" on the Viewpoint bank site I would type "gr8momvpb" so I only need to remember one password and which initials I used for that site. But I do keep a special file with passwords on it, and a pink card that no one else is allowed to touch!

TracyH said...

OK, I admit I have a list too, for all the websites I visit and such. I just am out of luck if the computer isn't working...