Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hair Issues



I took this picture after one of Kenny's football games. I couldn't resist. I felt like yelling at my imaginary friend, "Hey, comb over here!" If only I had an imaginary friend...

Becky had a bad hair day recently. For some reason, she decided to put it in a knot/bun on top of her head, a la the way a lady in our ward often wears her hair. But she grew increasingly frustrated with it. I told her to leave the bathroom, eat breakfast, then try it again. Notably frustrated, she complied then went back at it later. Right after we finished reading scriptures all together, Jim asked her, "What is going on with your hair?" She promptly burst into tears, ran upstairs ranting about "stupid hair" and "hate my family." Dad got a lesson in tact, but I had to chuckle when she was out of earshot. Luckily Shelly showed all the girls a new 'do that is cute and semi-easy. We hope to avoid hair-related tears at least until they are 12.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see how the girls are doing trying out the new stuff. Hopefully Katie believed the part about keeping her bangs out of her eyes while they're growing out!

Jules said...

Dar, welcome to the world of blogging. I am totally addicted. If you get in a pinch with hair in the future there is a blog called shedoeshair.blogspot.com. Check it out, so many cute things to do with hair. McKell won't let me do much with her hair, so I live vicariously through Lisa Gervais.

Jan and Larry Myers said...

I'm hoping Shelly will share the new "do" with me! Life in Guyana is hot or hotter or really hot (when the electricity - they call it "current" - is out, so hair doesn't fit into the equation. I NEED HELP!!!