Monday, October 13, 2008

Interpreting the Scriptures

This morning, we were reading scriptures with the girls, and Lee Lee read 2 Nephi 21:5 thusly:

"And righteousness shall be the griddle of his lions..."

Guess those lions better watch it, or they'll be served on toast! It was very cute and I had a big grin on my face.

Becky had her own scripture funny last week. We encourage her to break bigger words into chunks instead of guessing them by looking at the first two letters. So she carefully read without batting an eye, "Dam...ass..kis".

Right! It's Damascus, moving on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such cute girls.

katharine said...

that keeps scripture time interesting!

Marcy in TX said...

"Out of the mouths of babes"!

Has to make you smile...and some other time you can tell her it's da. masc. us. :)

elise said...

i like it! made me laugh out loud!

JessBeQuick said...

Oh my gosh. I read this post at work and started laughing right out loud. I love that you found my blog, and now I can keep up with what's going on in your world. : )