Friday, April 2, 2010

March "Madness"

March was one busy month. Seems like after the holidays, life should slow down, but it hasn't.

(Warning: Bragging alerts)

In March, the city rec. volleyball team I played on took second place in our tournament. It was a fun season and a fun tourney. We lost our first match, then won three consecutive matches to play the undefeated first-place team. We forced them into a third game, and they beat us. But it was so fun to play together with friends and do well and rally. It was 3.5 hours of volleyball!

The Young Women's basketball team from our ward continued its winning ways by going 3-0 in the Regional Tournament in March. Woo-hoo! These are some great gals. I really enjoyed working with them this season and watching them play well together, have fun, help each other and, yes, win.

Also this month, Jim and I ran the 5-mile race in Moab again. This is my 10th or 11th time. I ran a new best time by 12 seconds. I was excited about that but not about the COLD weather down there. We were very cold at the starting area, waiting for 75 minutes or more before the gun. And when I first began running, I was sure I had lumps in my socks under the balls of my feet. Nope, they were just numb. My feet thawed out and were able to carry me to a decent time. I cheered for Jim as he finished and after we cleaned up, we found Hil & Nesto in their half marathon and ran a bit with them. They are awesome! I had hopes of running a half marathon later this summer, but I haven't committed to anything yet. It's a big leap from 5 miles to 13.1.

Jim and I attended our neighborhood caucus meeting along with many neighbors, and we both came home with new responsibilities. We don't want to be bored, do we??

Later that week, Kenny received his Eagle Scout Award with all the glory that goes with it. Well, not really glory. But he got a little attention from his family and church friends and some "condolences" (his word) from state dignitaries, govt. leaders, etc. It was nice to see him honor his grandparents and his dad for their love and support.

Loved seeing Liz and family on her birthday and observing more energy in her. Yeay!

I'll spare you our April Fools stories. No, we weren't pranksters this year, just a few victims of bad luck or germs. Take your pick.

Happy Easter... He is risen! He really is. Ain't it great??

3 comments:

Rachel J said...

Yay! Way to go on all the great accomplishments!

Marcy in TX said...

I'm impressed too! Lots of good sports and and Eagle too! Congrats to all the Britts!

The Campbell Clan said...

I somehow missed this post.
I love you and I am happy that you have had such a fulfilling month.