Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, David!

I want to honor my late brother, David Frankie, on what would be his 21st birthday. This beloved boy: sneezed like a horse, painted water towers, took pride in not combing his hair, thought there was a bee in my camera (as a tot), ate steak with his hands, cracked us up constantly, skiied straight down hill then tipped over, cried when he said good-byes, played rugby and volleyball, gave awesome hugs, loved to play games and cards, and had the heart of a giant.



We love Dave/D2/Deuce!



Dave at Edinburgh Castle in August 2007




















Dave and Uncle Spencer having lunch on his birthday two years ago in Ireland. He loved ketchup and wasn't impressed with what he found in the British Isles.



















Tracy, Saralyn and Dave were home for Dad's 70th birthday in October 2006.




















Dave zonked out in the rental van in Scotland. I commissioned this picture.

























Dave got his Eagle Scout with the support and help of loving family and friends. Dad was very proud.























I took this picture of Dave and Charity right after graduation from Fairport High School in June of 2007. I love this smile!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those make me smile!

The Campbell Clan said...

Thanks for the laughter and the tears. I love you Dar! I knew you would write something great.
Thank you for the birthday package. We have been eating candy all day in honor of the Deuce. Thanks for the hug and your continued thoughtfulness.
Sure love you!

Marcy in TX said...

Thanks for the tribute. I have been thinking of him so much recently... thinking that he would be serving his mission and assuming that he is now...but he won't be released from this one. He and you are blessings in my life!

elise said...

i love he pictures too. :)

karrijhartman said...

Thanks for sharing Dar. Love and relationships really don't ever die. Obviously. :)

Jules said...

That was a great tribute. I'm sure your family appreciates the memories.

TracyH said...

I love all the pictures and the list of Davisms. He left a hole, and we know his mission is keeping him busy.

The Nestos said...

Obviously, I loved these pictures. You said a lot in a paragraph, and I appreciate the word crafting gift you have and that you share it. I miss him too.
We bowled and ate candy you sent. I even tried bowling his way. And I liked it. Hil

Mrs. White's library world said...

You got me all vklempt. I miss htis boy/mana nd sometimes can't wait to see him again. We bowled in PJs, ate candy and cooked potato corn chowder. Thanks for sharing.