Monday, March 9, 2009

Watch where you're running!

Saturday, March 7, approx. 11:45, 400 South in Springville

Suddenly, the sidewalk was flying up at me. Strange, this feeling of no control. What happened?

A sudden stoppage killed my momentum and left me on the ground. My hand was scraped up and my knee was sore. Whoa. Oh my gosh! I tripped. How did that happen? Get up quick! Holy cow someone's going to honk at you. Oh man, that must've been funny to see. Wow, my hand is bloody and throbbing. Dang it. Oh, my favorite running pants are ruined! I burned a hole in my knee. What the heck! Good thing I was wearing that knee support, or my knee would hurt a lot more!

Am I so old and uncoordinated now that I can't run from here to there without falling down? Good grief. I guess I better go home and clean myself up. I hope no one saw that. Well, if they did see me fall, they had a good laugh. "Look at that lady--holy cow!" HAHAHAHAHA. Nah, I gotta run more. Don't be a wuss. Finish your measly three miles.

Thinking back on it, I had so much momentum, I actually kind of rolled up and not quite over into a somersault. I think it was more forward and sideways. What an idiot. Now I wish I DID have a video of that. Because I'm sure it was funny to see.

48 hours later: my hand is healing pretty well with band-aids and various goo. My knee is tender but it will be fine. I found a new sore spot on the outside of my left elbow. My pants are lying in state on my bedroom floor as I mourn them.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no pictures?

Marcy in TX said...

Vitamin E helps skin to heal.:) Good luck. Don't forget - you have to get back on the horse once you heal.

Darlyn said...

Just for you, Shelly. Here's the hand and the pants. :(

katharine said...

ouch! pictures don't lie.

here's my favorite lesson on recouping after a fall:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahNfhUysehk

The Campbell Clan said...

We can get you new pants here in Nike land...I know it won't be the same. How sad. Those are your NSP pants aren't they? You two have run a lot of miles together.
Hope your hand feels better soon! I do wish I had been there to watch, and then help you clean up your cuts. You do know that this is the stuff that Champions are made of right?!

The Nestos said...

Good job describing the infamous tumble. Been there done that, except on a stationary bike! Ha! I had the same hand wound and everything! Love you, Hil