Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Busy February


Last Sunday we drove up to Farmington to hear Matt Harris give a "previously known as homecoming" talk in church. We visited with the Harris family afterwards. Becky's favorite part was the gerbils. (No, we don't need any.) It was great to see family and support Matt. Tracy, Rachel and Liz sang a beautiful song. I think it was called the Olive Tree. Wow. When we arrived at their house, I had parked in the deep snow to not clog the road. When we left, I wasn't thinking and just hit the gas to get out of the snow. I ended up throwing mud/lawn many many feet. Chunks were all the way to just short of the maroon car. I apologized to Brad who said he had some dirt and he would throw it down with some seed in the spring. Oops. Bad, Dar.







On Feb. 11, we went as a family to the Draper Temple open house. It was a chilly day, so we rushed our photos. But it was a great experience. We look forward to going there later. Kenny wore his new suit and shades and enjoyed thinking he was a CIA agent...or something.






Last, but not least, we celebrated Becky's 10th birthday last week. Her favorite present so far is her hot rollers from grandma, something I know NOTHING about. I stalled as long as I could (four days) and finally caved in today. We rolled some of her hair and well, it was ok. I'm not quitting my day job to become a beautician or anything close. But I think Becky can learn to do this herself soon, hallelujah. I'm missing some serious motherhood genes.

2 comments:

Marcy in TX said...

On rolling hair- practice makes perfect... :)

TracyH said...

Good luck with the rollers. I imagine you are getting better by now. (4-21)
As for the flying mud... I did see it on the driveway, then realized where it all came from. LOL It was impressive. There is just a bit of a dip there now. No worries.