Wednesday, November 5, 2008

These are a Few of My Favorite S Things


My niece's blog recently had a list of her 10 favorite things that start with the letter L. I made a comment there and "earned the privilege" of receiving a letter from her to make my own list. Mine is S. So I'm playing along.

Here's my list of my 10 favorite S things...

1. Sisters. All seven of them. Great friends, examples and pals. I miss them all and wish they lived closer.
2. Savior. What a friend we have in Jesus. I am amazed by his sacrifice for me, and for all of us, and look forward to having an opportunity to thank him for everything.
3. Sweets. Chocolate is my drug of choice, but sugar in general hits the spot for me.
4. Sports. I love football, basketball, golf, skiing, jogging…not so much swimming.
5. Silliness. From the Zorro, Fletch and Airplane movies, to making up silly songs as a child, to rowdy cheers on the team bus in high school and at football games, to just plain acting goofy after midnight. I miss being silly now that I’m a grown-up and a mom.
6. Shelly. My best friend, help, confidante, lunch pal, save-my-baconer, woommate, best cleaner in the world, decorator, shopping consultant, cheerleader, babysitter, etc. You're the best!
7. Seasons. I love them all. Fall is my favorite, sorry S. Perhaps it has something to do with September—a great time of year for apples, autumn and football!
8. Songs. I am not a singer, but I love hearing good music. I used to be way more current with tunes. Alas, I am getting older and want things gentler. A few favorites of late: the Wicked soundtrack, Enya, Carrie Newcomer, Motabs, Norah Jones, Fergie, Sara Evans, Annie Lennox, Sara Bareilles, etc.
9. Sleep. I appreciate this more than ever before. A nurse in my ward told me that the one night of the year when Americans have the fewest heart attacks happens to be the night Daylight Savings time ends (Fall back). Get your sleep!
10. Senses—sight, sound, taste, smell, touch. What a great gift we have—our bodies. We should take better care of them. And last but not least…
11. My Sweet (Baby) James. He’s hardly a baby, unless he’s ill, but my honey is a tremendous example to me. He is loyal, adoring, service-minded, strong, loving, thrifty, brave, clean, reverent and helps old ladies across the street.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... I feel so privileged to have made it to your favorite S things list! Thank you!! Of course I probably would have added sloppy joes to the list too - gotta love those. Sloppy Joe, slop, sloppy joe.

And I have another idea on how to get Jim onto the list. I think we should get him a Superman outfit. A big old S on his chest would certainly qualify him! Or maybe we could paint an S. Or maybe shave an S.

I think I've had too much Dr Pepper today.. feeling a little silly.

Mrs. White's library world said...

I want a letter! SO fun to read about your favorites. DO yo remember zooming around singing "Mister S to the rescue they cry"?

TracyH said...

I also remember "Mister S to the rescue they cry, da da da-da, da da da da!" from when you were in kindergarten. Loved your list.

Jules said...

What a fun read. I like the idea of making a list from a letter. It looks like you got a good one. I agree with Shelly, Jim really is Superman.

Jan and Larry Myers said...

I'm especially fond of S number 6, but love the entire list.

Alas, I've not much to say as I've had no Dr. Pepper today!

(Hey, I'm a poet!)Not much Dr. Pepper here in Guyana. I'm hoping for a store that carries it in Trinidad. Hope your sweet family is doing great! Love ya! Sister Myers