Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our Little "Singer"

Last night I got home from work and found our youngest sitting on the couch on some pillows, with the Children's Songbook plopped open on her lap. She was singing away. We talked for just a minute about her day at school. I went into the kitchen and she resumed singing. A couple minutes later, Jim came downstairs and walked over to me, saying, "Sorry." I had no idea what for until he pulled the earplugs out of his ears and put them on the counter. "I couldn't take it anymore," he confessed rather quietly. Apparently our little singer had been going for quite some time. And she really doesn't know the songs, so she reads the lyrics and makes up her own happy, high- and off-pitched tunes. She's sweet and we hope not to squelch her. But the choir concert next month might be pretty interesting. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you ought to record her and put a video clip on for all of us to enjoy! (of course I know it won't beat the personal concert I got the other day when she was bathing.)

Mrs. White's library world said...

we've all been there. I used to drive TC and Marcy crazy with making up my own words. Like, "You're the wizrd of Ohs" from Grease.