Friday, September 4, 2009

Enjoy the Moments





















"Fall is here. For many this means football games, back-to-school nights, pumpkin carving and zucchini bread. Soon the holiday season will be here and the hustle and bustle of normal life will double, maybe even triple.


"No matter how busy life gets, be sure to take time each day to enjoy life itself. Relish a quiet moment, gaze into the face of a child, soak in the fall colors, or spend time with a friend or loved one.


"If you're like me, you're looking for ways to simplify the chaos most days bring. And often, it's not about eliminating a whole lot, it's about looking deeper and finding more. Take time every day to enjoy the simple, important moments."



I wrote this on Sept. 6, 2007, and it was published as a message from the editor in my company's October 2007 magazine. I don't office wax this sentimental (outside of my journal), and ironically, I typed this just a few hours before learning that my little brother had passed away. I came across it again this week as I was cleaning out some magazines from storage.


I think this message still rings true. We need to take time for family and friends, for enjoying nature and making memories. It's not easy to find or make the time. But it is what's most rewarding.


Have a "sweet" day.


--Dar

2 comments:

Marcy in TX said...

I have been thinking about him too this week. That was a very nice thought to share.

The Campbell Clan said...

Thanks Dar. I love to read what you write. Thanks for your love and thoughtfulness. Love you lots.