Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spring in Rochester, NY

I was just home visiting my dad last weekend and took many pictures. It was gorgeous and green, and many of the trees were in full bloom, including my favorite--lilacs. I'm posting a few for you to enjoy. For full effect, click the pics to enlarge.

Look closely and you'll see a chipmunk.

















We gathered some wood.

















The temple has lilacs too!





















Ominous western NY clouds...

















Mother's Day at the cemetery
















The plum tree is a nice bright purple.





















There's a chipmunk in the tree (hole). Note lilacs behind.


















Dad on Mother's Day






















Here's me after Dad and I pushed the (dead) tractor about 280 feet.





















Love the red dogwoods!

















Lilacs!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such pretty flowers!

Marcy in TX said...

beautiful scenery! great memories.

Cambric said...

gorgeous pictures!

Kim said...

Beautiful pictures! I would love to visit there someday! Happy Mother's Day!

TracyH said...

Plum trees or redbud? Red dogwood or magnolia? If Dad told you then you are probably right. Just wondering... Beautiful color and lush green are my favorites either way.

Darlyn said...

I'm sure about the red dogwood, and he told me the bright purple was a plum tree. I will post the magnolia blossom pic I took. There weren't many left.

The Campbell Clan said...

I like the pictures whatever the trees are really called. I love spring in NY--spring reminds me of Dad because he loves the green and anticipates the fresh growth after the long, cold winters. Thanks for sharing. Thank you for going! I love you!