Monday, May 18, 2009

Cobbler recipe

By request, here's the cobbler recipe. I think it was Charity's recipe originally, but I got it from Shelly.

Three Minute Cobbler

1 stick butter/margarine, melted

Stir into butter until lumps are gone:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt

Pour on top, don't stir in:
1 can (16 oz.) fruit pie filling

Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden. Serve with vanilla ice cream while still hot/warm.

Dar's note: We double the batter and use 1.5 cans of 21 oz. pie filling. I can't find 16 oz. cans in the stores. It fits nicely in a 9x13 glass dish whether you double it or not.
We usually add on baking time (about 10 minutes).
I made blackberry cobbler last night and it was de-lish.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Cambric said...

thank you! sounds yummy (and easy)!

Anonymous said...

This is YUMMY and it is Cha's. Can't take credit for it.

TracyH said...

Actually, I gave the recipe to Charity, after I got it from the newspaper. :)