Thursday, December 11, 2008

Love Notes and Validation

Alicia has been having fun lately writing little notes to me. It's great because she practices her writing and spelling, and I usually get a nice note that makes me feel great. I need to post a picture of some of them--just so you know I'm not making it up.

Here is her text from my two favorites so far:
1. I love you Dar. I like you Dad. (I asked Jim, "Did you spank her today?" "No.")

2. I love you.
Thank you for dinnir.
I like you.
I want you to be my mom forever. (We'll need to discuss this...)
I want to be nice to you.
I am loving and kind.
I clean up after school + hang up my coat and do my reading.
I think you are the best mom in the world that I now.
I want to get you a Christmas presents.
I like the coler red to.
Love Alicia

One of my friends wondered if Alicia was buttering me up for Christmas. I know she can be sneaky, but I think she's just being sweet here. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. May we all have love notes and the happiness they bring. :)

2 comments:

katharine said...

what a cutie!

Jules said...

I get those a lot too and I love them. I am enjoying it, because I know at some point I will be the subject of a not so nice text message sometime in the future.

I agree that Alicia is just being sweet.