Friday, October 29, 2010

Hallowe'en

This year, I was pleasantly surprised to NOT see Hallowe'en decorations (indoor or outdoor) until Oct. 1st. And after some initial grinchiness on my part and having been the recipient of a very sweet memory of the late, great Rachel Carr (whose favorite day was Halloween), I decided I had to quit being negative about sugary candy, greedy kids begging and being surrounded by gore, and get into the "spirit" of things. So I bought three giant bags of candy at Sam's and looked up some costume ideas online (the cheap, simple kind).

And voila,



I am a salt shaker. Actually after this picture was taken, my co-worker and friend Rick made me a battery necklace so I could be a salt and battery. He is clever. Here is his costume.


He DOES go all out.
Hopefully I can add more costume pics later.
Hope you have a safe, fun Halloween.
Don't forget to brush!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

"Don't forget to brush." Hahahaha, I am laughing. You are funny. :) Great costume. I am so not creative.

Marcy in TX said...

I love it - salt shaker and assault and battery! I bet he would have won if he'd been at our ward activity last night! (i went as an olive, with a red scarf pimento- no pictures tho') :)

TracyH said...

Great costumes... and I like the battery addition too. He is scary. I look forward to more pics. (Did Jim dress as a pepper shaker?)

Darlyn said...

Jim wore a black wig that was supposed to be like Simon Cowell's hair. But it wasn't that close. He looked really different though. A lot of people at trunk or treat asked him if that was like his real hair. Obviously they didn't realize his invisible (blond) eyebrows...