Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween concessions

Lest anyone worry too much, I am not a total Grinch (see last post). I have actually bought two big bags of candy, and Jim has made sure the girls have costumes for their festivities this year. We actually cannot find the old costumes anywhere, so he bought new ones for the youngest two and a bow-tie for Becky's Cat in the Hat get-up, which is cute.

I plan to go minimalist in my costume this year. I'm getting old and tired. YES! I'm going as a mom! ha ha.

Two of our kids were in a little neighborhood play Saturday all about eating healthy food and taking care of our bodies. It was called My Body Machine. It had some cute songs and clever concepts. So afterwards, I was talking to some of the other parents and I told them, "You know, the kids just finished singing and telling stories about evil King Sugar and Sir Salty and Ms. Grease and all that. I think we should use this against them and cancel trick-or-treating." Lots of laughs and chatter ensued. Then when I presented this concept to some of the children (mine in particular), they looked at me quizzically and said rather nervously, "We can still eat candy. After dinner. A little bit." I ended my bluff, but it was fun for a minute to toy with their little minds.

Boo-hoo-hoo-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh-ahh AHH AHH!!! (My best impression of King Sugar's evil laugh)

4 comments:

The Campbell Clan said...

you so funny!
Thanks for another laugh...Love you!

Anonymous said...

muahahahahahahaha

Jules said...

I'm glad they had enough people to put on the play. She asked if my kids could do it, but I didn't want to commit to driving them down there that much. I love doing that kind of stuff to my kids, if it weren't for the occasional bluff, parenting wouldn't be nearly as fun.

TracyH said...

Great job on tricking (then treating) your kids. :D I was already laughing by the time I read your "Evil King Sugar" laugh.